The Hampton County Sheriff’s Office Explorer Post 605 is a hands-on program open to individuals between the ages of 14 and 20 years of age, who are interested in a career in law enforcement or other related fields. Our Explorers conduct training in law enforcement matters. Attend a explorer academy with the opportunity to participate in ride-a-longs, take part in community events and more. Explorer Post 605 promotes personal growth through character development, physical fitness, good citizenship, service to others and patriotism. These skills follow our Explorers through life, whether they choose a career in Law Enforcement or not.
Requirements to be in the Explorers Program:
- Explorer meetings take place bi-weekly, on Tuesdays, from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
- All applicants (high school) must maintain grade averages of 70 and above in all classes.
- Report cards must be turned in every quarter to make sure grades are maintained.
-Hampton County Sheriff’s Office Explorers are an extension of the Sheriff’s Office and must always present themselves of high integrity.
- Always maintain clean and presentable Explorer uniforms.
- Have Self-Discipline.
- Respectable, good standing member of the community.
- Must be non-users of tobacco, drugs, or alcohol.
Explorer Post 605 advisors at 803-914-2200
Deputy M. Davis
Deputy D. Sumpter
Deputy D. Sanders
Deputy T. Capers